Digital Strategist – Campaigns Team
We’re looking for a digital strategist to join our political campaigns team to support our incumbents and new campaigns, gearing up for the 2022 cycle.
The strategist will play an active role in managing digital email strategy for a series of campaigns BCom will onboard in the coming months including:
- Multiple Red-to-Blue Congressional campaigns
- Multiple statewide executive offices
- State party digital fundraising infrastructure
BCom Solutions is the digital agency for rural campaigns, causes and companies. We work with several of the leading political campaigns in the Heartland including key competitive campaigns, state parties, independent expenditures and caucuses.
As a digital strategist at BCom Solutions, you will be a leader on our state political campaigns team and will be responsible for crafting email and social content that helps our candidates raise money, recruit volunteers and achieve victory in municipal campaigns in 2021, as well as prepare for key battleground races in 2022. You will have a love for digital strategy and a passion for helping our campaigns (mostly progressive and moderate candidates) cross the finish line.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Write. Email content and social media content with a careful balance of crafty yet effective.
- Crafting and formatting email campaigns using tools like ActionNetwork and NGP.
- Use ActBlue and NGP to optimize digital fundraising across platforms like email fundraising, social media and digital ads
- Develop and execute ad campaigns from start to finish using Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- Manage digital communications for a variety of campaigns — including social media communications, email communications, and web content
- Work directly with our campaigns (clients) to create and execute strategies focused on achieving campaign goals
- Produce, target and test mass email communications
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Develop content calendars and goals for campaigns in conjunction with design and content teams
- Participate/contribute to new campaign pitches
- Other responsibilities as requested
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Full-time digital program experience with at least one legislative or federal campaign OR experience at a digital agency for campaigns required
- If you’re subscribed to more than 10 political email lists you should…. apply.
- Knowledge of AP-style / digital content
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- A passion for political campaigns
- You love A/B testing…. everything!
- Experience with NGP, ActionNetwork and ActBlue required
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent team-oriented working habits
- 100% company-paid healthcare for employees
- Matching 401k contribution plan
- Generous paid vacation package
- Generous paid holiday schedule (including extended holiday leave at the end of the year and mid-year)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-issued laptop/tech set-up
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Frequent catered lunches
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness/ mental health stipend
- Salary range: $50-55k base salary with a 6-month employment evaluation for advancement