BCom is looking for a WordPress designer / developer to join our growing creative team. BCom Solutions is the digital agency for rural campaigns, causes and companies. We know how to build digital movements, raise millions online — and win. Recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the Midwest, our digital strategy team has worked on cutting-edge digital programs for campaigns and organizations across the country.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Good eye for design
- Detail oriented, ability to clearly see small details within design/code
- Use modern digital tools to create full production-ready website mockups
- Understanding of UX principles to deliver high quality user experiences
- Ability to deliver an engaging user experience across multiple devices
- Ability to carry a project from concept to finished product
- Experience with HTML, CSS, PHP, JS
- Convert design files into pixel perfect responsive websites
- Code custom WordPress themes: Plugin decisions, client experience on the backend, theme testing, add client content
- Server monitoring, management and support
- Website maintenance: Plugin updates, Bug fixes
- Theme modifications and troubleshooting
- Support ticket system management: Troubleshooting and bug fixing for all web platforms
- Site testing and advanced debugging
- Caching setup
- Custom API calls and integrations
- Custom JS
- Custom WP plugins
- Knowledge and experience in building and deploying CDN and SSL architectures on websites.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Understanding of HTML / CSS / JS, PHP
- Experience with WordPress CMS and other CMS platforms
- Willingness to grow as a designer
- Understanding of JS frameworks
- Shares our company’s core values
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent team-oriented working habits
Why Join Us?
- 100% covered medical insurance
- Extensive vacation time package
- Conference stipend to attend cool events, meet ups, and gatherings
- Flexible working hours, ability to manage projects remotely and on-site
- Remote work friendly. Currently team members are located in Nebraska, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
- Salary commensurate with experience.