Senior Digital Strategist – Campaigns Team
We’re looking for a senior digital strategist to join our political campaigns team to support our incumbents and new campaigns, following the 2020 campaign cycle. We are hiring more than one position and, depending on experience, will hire both a strategist and senior digital strategist (based on campaign / management experience).
BCom Solutions is the digital agency for rural campaigns, causes and companies. We work with several of the leading political campaigns in the Heartland including key competitive campaigns, state parties, independent expenditures and caucuses.
As senior digital strategist at BCom Solutions, you will be a leader on our political campaigns team and will be responsible for crafting email and social content that helps our candidates raise money, recruit volunteers and achieve victory in municipal campaigns in 2021, as well as prepare for key battleground races in 2022. You will have a love for digital strategy, leading digital teams (both paid and volunteers) and a passion for helping our campaigns (mostly progressive and moderate candidates) cross the finish line.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Write. Email content and social media content with a careful balance of crafty yet effective.
- Crafting and formatting email campaigns using tools like ActionNetwork and NGP.
- Use ActBlue and NGP to optimize digital fundraising across platforms like email fundraising, social media and digital ads
- Manage digital communications for a variety of campaigns — including social media communications, email communications, and web content
- Work directly with our campaigns (clients) to create and execute strategies focused on achieving campaign goals
- Produce, target and test mass email communications
- Serve as a day-to-day contact with clients.
- Develop content calendars and goals for campaigns in conjunction with design and content teams
- Participate/contribute to new campaign pitches
- Supervise digital fellows and digital associates
- Other responsibilities as requested
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience running digital programs full-time with at least one statewide or federal campaign OR experience at a digital agency for campaigns required
- If you’re subscribed to more than 10 political email lists you should…. apply.
- Knowledge of AP-style / digital content
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Critical thinking skills
- A passion for political campaigns
- You love A/B testing…. everything!
- Experience with NGP, ActionNetwork and ActBlue required
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent team-oriented working habits
- Starting salary range for this role: $60-75k, dependent on industry experience
- 100% company-paid healthcare for employees
- Matching 401k contribution plan
- Generous paid vacation package
- Generous paid holiday schedule (including extended holiday leave at the end of the year and mid-year)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-issued laptop/tech set-up
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Frequent catered lunches
- Professional development stipend