Our expanding company is seeking an operations manager to join our team. You will partner with leadership to grow and develop our business in the areas of human resources, finance and office management. Based in Lincoln, yet supporting our other locations and remote employees, the role requires a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills along with a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity and inclusion within our team. This job is an exciting opportunity to join the fastest growing privately-owned company in Nebraska as recognized by Inc. Magazine’s 5000 Regionals List.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Partner with the leadership team to understand, advise and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing and hiring of qualified job applicants.
- Maintain and develop a smooth onboarding process for new hires.
- Develop clear HR policies and ensure policy awareness/adoption.
- Employee benefits management including but not limited to health insurance, 401k and other fringe benefits offered by the company.
- Create and organize learning development programs and initiatives.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Manage day to day accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Coordinate budgeting, reporting, bookkeeping and forecasting processes.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Manage and own all aspects of office operations at our Lincoln and Auburn office locations while supporting remote employees.
- First point of contact for building repairs, engage with vendors, property management and other contractors.
- Assist with tasks and projects as needed, including company and team events setup / coordination (bi-weekly lunches, holiday party, open house, etc.)
A successful candidate will have:
- Solid understanding of financial management and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- A resourceful – a “no job is too small” attitude
- Proficiency in Google Workplace Suite or related software.
- Working knowledge of management software programs, including QuickBooks and Gusto.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is beneficial but not required.
- 100% company-paid healthcare for employees
- Matching 401k contribution plan
- Generous paid vacation package
- Generous paid holiday schedule (including extended holiday leave at the end of the year and mid-year)
- Paid parental leave
- Company-issued laptop/tech set-up
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Frequent catered lunches
- Professional development stipend